Would you give up your career to live abroad?

Author: jayzep  |  Category: Travel News, Visa Advice

It appears so, after a new survey was released by a renowned visa help website in the UK. The poll asked a selection of participants whether they would be willing to take an unskilled job to secure a work visa abroad, to which 35% said they would. Only 20% said that they would consider a job abroad if the move was a ‘career step up’.

The survey also asked respondents why they would consider taking an unskilled job to move abroad, with 41% saying that the life experience would be worthwhile. 33% said that the lifestyle appealed to them and 24% acknowledged that life wasn’t all about career progression.

This news comes after another survey found that January was the busiest time of year for people to emigrate. A new year, a new life and January blues were all listed as reasons for the increased emigration.

Would you give up your career for a life abroad? Leave your comments below.

work permit

Picture: sagoingtonz.co.nz

UK Visa Guide

Author: jayzep  |  Category: Visa Advice

When applying for a visa to come to the UK it is important to choose the right one or you could be denied access into the country. Here is our quick guide to UK Visas.

Tier 1 Visas

Exceptional Talent

An Exceptional Talent visa as the name suggests is for those that are exceptionally skilled and talented in their field of expertise. Each application for this category of visa are judged on an individual basis.

General Visa

This visa is for highly skilled workers, but is no longer available to new applicants. It is instead used for existing visa holders to renew or extend their visa.

Post-Study Work Visa

This type of visa is designed for foreign students who wish to work in the UK after their studies. Visas are granted depending on the skills and education obtained while studying.

Entrepreneur Visa

An Entrepreneur Visa is for those who have the expertise and funds to start a business in the UK.
Investor Visa

This visa is open to those who have made large investments into the UK economy.

Tier 2 Visas

Work Permit

A work permit is a temporary UK visa for those who have been offered a job in the UK. The company must meet the minimum point’s requirement to qualify.

Change of employment permit

This permit allows people who already have a work permit to change jobs. The applicant must have a job offer from a UK company before applying for this visa. The company must also meet the minimum point’s requirement to qualify.

Intra-company Transfer (ICT)

An ITC work permit allows an employee of a multi-national company to transfer to a UK based office.

Tier 4 Visa

UK Student visa

A UK student visa is designed for foreign students to study in the UK. The applicant must have an acceptance letter from a British educational institute to qualify.

Deciding which visa you need can be a daunting task, but thankfully there are numerous companies that can help you out. Visa help specialists IXP Visas helps over 20,000 people to get the right visa each year. You may also want to check out the governments UK Border Agency website, which offers lots of information about visas and immigration.